SUSTAINABILITY & THE ENVIRONMENT
‘Global knowledge, local expertise’
care in the supply chain is at the heart of what we do
We know that sustainability and caring for the environment is very important – at every stage of our supply chain we ensure that we are doing everything we can to ensure our products are as sustainable and of as low impact to our planet as possible.
As a manufacturer we hold many certifications for our products to ensure we have the strictest control of our supply chain. These include:
- Oeko-Tex 100 Class 1 – this is the strictest Oeko-Tex standard to meet and ensure all of our products are tested by third parties. Our Oeko-Tex certification proves that no harmful substances are using the the production of our fabrics or fillings. For more information please visit www.oeko-tex.com
- All our natural fillings are Downafresh certified which guarantees hygiene according to EN12935. Every year our products are tested by the European Down and Feather Association to ensure they continue to meet EN12935. For more information please visit www.downafresh.com
- We have been members of the Business Social Compliance Initiative (BSCI) since 2008. We require all of our partners to become members and to complete annual audits according to the BSCI standards. BSCI’s approach encourages businesses towards embedding more responsible business practices which are shared with their business partners to improve working conditions in their supply chain. For more information please visit www.bsci-intl.org
- Nomite Certification – this indicates our products are suitable for house dust mite allergy sufferers. For more information please see www.nomite.de/en
- Downpass Certification – this shows all of our natural filling materials are ethically sourced and we have full traceability back to the farm that the down and feather came from. For more information please see www.downpass.com/en
Our Eco-Friendly Factory
Our factory based in Germany is ever pushing forward to become as eco-friendly as we can and we are on our way to making our factory a Carbon Neutral Plant.
We are a member of the European Green Light Initiative to lower our energy consumption in our facilities – the vast majority of our lighting uses LED technology. We also use a high efficient combined heat and power plant which in the winter months uses surplus heat and heat from the air compression units to generate electricity that we need for our production.
- All washing detergents used in house are full biodegradable.
- Any electricity we have to purchase comes from 100% renewable resources.
- We recycle up to 70% of our water.
- We are constantly implementing further energy saving measures.
- Triple glazed energy saving windows in all our facilities.
- The 100% clean electricity is used to power our entire fleet on in house forklift trucks.
- Every year, the current sustainability guidelines are evaluated and adjusted if necessary. In the long term, this is the only way to ensure sustainable and responsible procurement of our products, packaging and to further develop our production facilities.
natural products are biodegradable
All of our natural products are fully biodegradable after use. Due to the Cotton for the covers and the feather and down for the filling of our products all being of natural origin, our products will fully break down over time – unlike other synthetic products which will leave a long lasting waste footprint on our planet.